Note:

Click on the tab below for an interactive map of venues visited in each location. Each city visited offers many more things to do, places to visit and dining options than I have the ability to visit. The descriptions and accounts in this blog are based on my own thoughts, experiences and opinion. If there are any great places that I've missed and aren't described or listed in each of these locations please shoot me a note and I'll add them to the 'wish list' for my hopeful return.

Friday, August 19, 2016

Cheeseburger in Paradise - Mirimar Beach Fl

Cheeseburger in Paradise 
10562 US 98
Mirimar Beach, FL 32550
850-837-0197

Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 11AM - 10PM
Friday - Sunday: 11AM - 11 PM

Website: Cheeseburger in Paradise

Description:

I've been procrastinating on creating this post entry searching for the right words to describe my experience and digging deep for something positive to share. The restaurant is located in the parking lot of the Destin Premium Outlets and I was drawn by the catchy Cheeseburger in Paradise name thinking this would be a Jimmy Buffet themed experience. My hopes were immediately crushed as I entered, saw the tacky wall hangings and standard restaurant furniture and the realization that I was in a cookie cutter chain restaurant and I wasn't going to have the Cheeseburger in Paradise I'd hoped for.  I would consider it a scaled down Applebee's but wouldn't want to insult Applebee's with the association. Perhaps a glorified tiki-bar would be the better description. The Cheeseburger in Paradise chain is owned by Luby's Inc (same owners ad Fuddruckers) and has a total of seven locations across the U.S.

The menu was fairly standard with a minimal selection. Being at a restaurant that specializes in Cheeseburgers and I was craving a bug warm bun with a huge hunk of meat I went for the Paradise Sliders described as four mouth-watering beer sliders topped with cheese, pickles and caramelized onions.  Upon receiving the plate with a kosher pickle and cold draught beer I though I'd just steered to a White Castle.  The burgers contained very little flavor and reminded me of the menu at a Holiday Inn.

I'm giving it a one star rating because I did enjoy the cold draught beer.

Star Rating: 1
Price Range: $$
Menu: Dinner Menu



No comments:

Post a Comment